- In order to reduce the snacking frequency, we should eat a sufficient amount of food during breakfast, lunch and dinner at regular intervals.
- If you feel hungry in between meals, you can snack once.
- If you want to take snacks or beverages, you can eat or drink them altogether right after meal.
- When you feel thirsty, just drink plain water to quench thirst.
- To avoid sensitive teeth caused by acid erosion, you should take less acidic food or beverages such as pickles, dry plums, lemons, sports drink, soft drink, alcoholic drink, etc.
- To avoid tooth fracture, one should avoid biting on hard food such as bones, shells, etc.
- People who wear denture should avoid chewing on hard or sticky food to prevent the denture from dislodging or becoming difficult to clean.
- Parents can use stationeries, stickers, or praisings instead of snacks to reward their children.
Last revision date: 18 January 2012