- Remember mouthwash cannot replace toothbrushing and flossing or interdental brush.
- If you brush and floss your teeth properly, it can already help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- If you use mouthwash in addition to your daily cleaning routine, it may offer additional benefit in terms of plaque and gingivitis reduction.
- For those who are prone to tooth decay or having severe tooth decay, wearing orthodontic appliance or after undergoing radiotherapy to the head and neck region, fluoride containing mouthwash can offer additional protection against tooth decay.
- For those who have just undergone oral surgical procedures, toothbrushing may be hindered temporarily by the surgery. They should follow the dentist’s instruction on the use of mouthwash.
Last revision date: 18 January 2012