Dentists are our good friends. They can help us keep our teeth healthy.
How do dentists look like?
Dental instruments encyclopaedia
- Mouth mirror - used to see inside our mouth
- Dental probe - used to inspect our teeth
- Dental chair - allows you to sit comfortably to receive dental check-up. It's fun! It can move up and down
- Tweezers - used to hold cotton for teeth cleaning
- Air gun - blows out water and air to clean the teeth
- Saliva ejector - used to suck out saliva and debris in your mouth
How do dentists help me?
- Teach us how to brush.
- Inspect our teeth to see if they are healthy.
- Treat oral diseases.
- Apply fissure sealant, topical fluoride, etc. to decrease the chances of getting tooth problems.
- Take x-rays for teeth.
- Answer questions related to oral problems.
Remember to go to see a dentist for check-up once a year, and co-operate with the dentist to keep your teeth healthy.
Last revision date: 18 January 2012