Skip to main content
Oral Health Care Zone for Grown-ups - Oral Care Products - Toothbrush - Choices of a toothbrush
Please note that in-text links in this page will open a new window.
- It is essential that the toothbrush can move freely in your mouth to clean every tooth surface. The bristles should be soft so that it does not injure the gums.
- The size of the toothbrush head should be appropriate to the size of the oral cavity. In general, the size of a toothbrush head which is about the diameter of a one-dollar coin will be suitable for adults.
- The bristle pattern and handle design should be determined by personal preference and habit.
- Both manual and powered toothbrushes clean the teeth effectively as long as they are used correctly.
- If you choose to use an interdental brush or a powered toothbrush, you should consult your dentist first.